Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Jima Deana Sausage, Hams, Pork Chops and Ribs



Ok, so my daughter thought that was a dumb name to give a show gilt we bought last weekend, but after all I bought her to be custom processed.  Since I had to feed her out for a few days until the processor could receive her I had to call her something.  Our friends at KOBO Ranch told us about Hibler Processing, a custom meat processor over in San Saba that does all their meat processing.  We were planning on raising some feeder pigs, but I found it much easier to buy a show pig after the kids got through showing at one of the local livestock shows.  I took her over to San Saba and dropped her off to be processed, now we just have to wait to see how it turns out.  We are having a ham and the bacon cured.  The other ham is to be cut into steaks and run through a tenderizer to make fresh pork chicken fried steak and schnitzel.  There will be pork chops, steaks, country ribs, spare ribs and breakfast sausage.  It looks like we will be eating fresh pork for quite a while.  I bet my daughter thinks more of the name when I give her some of the packaged meat, Wild Ed

No comments: