Sunday, December 4, 2011

Texas Style Mexican Pralines



With the Christmas season right around the corner I thought some of you might like to have a Texas Style Praline Recipe to make some candy for gifts or guests.  I have tried many through the years and these are the best I have come across.  Whenever I make them they don't last long around my house or friends.  Enjoy, Wild Ed

Mexican Pralines


½ stick of butter


1 cup white sugar


1 cup brown sugar


2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts


¾ cup evaporated milk (small can)


1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix sugar, milk and butter in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add nuts, cook to hard ball stage when tested in cold water. Remove from heat add vanilla and beat until slick and starting to cool. Drop onto wax paper and let it harden into pralines. Enjoy, ET


For a little different taste add one square of chocolate bark and a dash of cinnamon to mixture.

No comments: